Rebekah Parr’s Breast Cancer Journey
Timeline for Diagnosis & Treatment:
- 12/28/22: Diagnosed with Stage 1 invasive carcinoma.
- 1/31/23: Surgery to Remove tumor and test lymph nodes.
- 2/28/23: Treatment plan established.
- March 2023 – May 2023: Weekly chemotherapy given on Wednesdays.
- June 2023: Radiation every weekday.
- March 2023 – March 2024: infusion given every 3 weeks.
Rebekah plans to work her regular schedule as much as possible when she is not in treatment. If she cannot work at the SBA Ministries Center in Columbiana, she plans to work remote from home.
How to Support Rebekah in her Breast Cancer Journey:
- Pray (see prayer list below)
- Send an encouraging message
- PO Box 888 Columbiana, AL 35051
- Give a gift card for meals, groceries, or gas.
- Help someone else in need and share the gospel in Rebekah’s honor!
Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that increases to your credit.
How to pray for Rebekah and her family:
- Pray for complete physical, emotional, and spiritual healing.
Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
- Pray that God will supply all their needs during this time.
And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
- Pray that God will comfort them so they can in turn comfort others.
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
- Pray that they would not fear but would trust in God completely.
So do not fear, for I am with you;do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Pray that they would persevere remembering that God is full of compassion and mercy.
As you know, we count as blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job’s perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.
- Pray that the gospel would be proclaimed through opportunities to interact with others that are hurting and in need of the light of Jesus in their lives.
In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
- Pray that they would continue to rejoice, give thanks, and not worry so they can have God’s peace that passes all understanding.
Rejoice in the Lord always; again, I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.