The Shelby Baptist Association has Ministry Center Intern position available for Winter/Spring 2020. To apply, send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must be completed and submitted by December 31, 2019.
Title: Ministry Center Intern
Classification: Part-time, Non-Salaried Ministerial Staff
Employed By: Shelby Baptist Association
Supervised By: Ministries Center Director & Ministry Evangelism Catalyst
Assist with on-going ministries of the Shelby Baptist Association (SBA) and help with new ministry development.
- Assist clients through the different areas of service in the Ministry Center.
- Work with the staff and volunteers to promote the ministries of the SBA within our member churches and in the community.
- Assist in administrative duties.
- Help with projects in other areas such as the Christmas Gift Shop, Earthly Treasures Thrift Store, and work with member churches as needed.
- Help supervise volunteer groups working in the Ministry Center.
- Other assignments as designated.
- Must have completed first year of college and currently enrolled in a field of study.
- The Shelby Baptist Association is a Southern Baptist Church entity. However, non-Southern Baptist, Evangelical students may be hired if they agree to read The Baptist Faith and Message and abstain from teaching or promoting anything that contradicts the doctrinal statements found there in while employed by the SBA.
- A personal letter of reference from someone familiar with the applicant’s abilities in ministry (pastor, youth/college minister, professor, etc.) should be submitted on professional letterhead by mail or email.
- Completed application and letter of reference must be received by December 31, 2019.
- Must be willing and capable of working with other staff and volunteers. There may be times where volunteers serve as your supervisor.
- This position may require some lifting and moving of donations.
- Activities for that day will determine what dress is appropriate. No immodest clothing. No gym or athletic shorts. No cut-offs or short-shorts. No tank-tops or sleeveless shirts. No sandals or flip flops.
- Any behavior on or away from work site that reflects poorly on the Shelby Baptist Association may result in suspension and/or possible termination.
- The position will begin January 13, 2020 and end March 30, 2020.