The Shelby Baptist Association has missionary positions available for Summer 2022. To apply, send all applications to email@example.com.
All applications and letters of reference must be completed and submitted as soon as possible.
To complete the application, first click on the link below and save the PDF to your computer. Once saved fill in your information and then save the completed application. Once you have finished this process email the application as instructed.
Title: Summer Missionary
Classification: Part-time, Non-Salaried Ministerial Staff
Employed By: Shelby Baptist Association
Supervised By: Ministries Center Director & Ministry Evangelism Catalyst
Working with UNITE, Kids Bible Clubs at YMCA, and various ministries in the Ministry Center.
- Organize and lead Bible study, crafts, and recreation for Kids Bible Clubs.
- Work in a variety of different settings with students and volunteers participating in UNITE.
- Fill in vacant volunteer positions in the Ministry Center.
- Work in the Thrift Store/Ministry Center to help sort donations.
- Help supervise volunteer groups working in the Ministry Center.
- Other assignments as designated.
- Must be between 18 and 24 years of age.
- Must have completed his or her first year of college.
- The Shelby Baptist Association is a Southern Baptist Church entity. However, non-Southern Baptist, evangelical students may be hired if they agree to read The Baptist Faith and Message and abstain from teaching or promoting anything that contradicts the doctrinal statements found therein while employed by the SBA.
- A personal letter of reference from someone familiar with the applicant’s abilities in ministry (pastor, youth/college minister, professor, etc.) should be submitted on professional letterhead by mail or email.
- Must be willing and capable of working with other staff and volunteers. There may be times where volunteers serve as your supervisor.
- This position does require some lifting and moving of donations.
- Appropriate dress is required; more information will be provided during training.
- Any behavior on or away from work site that reflects poorly on the Shelby Baptist Association may result in suspension and/or possible termination.
- Each intern must participate in trainings as required.
- The position will begin in May with a training day. Each intern will be allowed 290 hours for the summer. The intern’s time will not exceed 29 hours per week without approval from the payroll department.